In a survey, 67% of people in the UK did not know the location of their parents’ Will! The passage of time, house moves, a new Will and new relationships are all contributing factors to your family not being able to find your Will when you pass on.
Registering your Will gives you peace of mind that your loved ones can quickly and easily locate your Will when it is needed. If your Will is missing when you pass on, your loved ones could suffer unnecessary and additional distress and can be left facing serious complications.
• Your details are confidential and are only available to your beneficiaries when you pass on.
• The register makes your beneficiaries aware that your Will exists so they do not lose out.
• The register ensures that your last wishes are respected and that your estate can be administered accordingly.
• The register records our office as the holder of your Will (the register doesn’t actually hold a copy of your Will nor do they ever see your Will).
• Having your Will registered and regularly reviewing it are the most important things you can do for your loved ones.